POLIDEPORTIVO MUNICIPAL DE ETXEBARRI
Etxebarry's pilot is situated in the downtown of Etxebarri in the north of spain. This sport facility, is the perfect place to practice any sport activity. We have more than 1000m2 where there are two indoor pools, an outdoor summer pool, outdoor and indoor sports court. The indoor sports court it has place for 1500 people. The maximum capacity of the facility is about 2200 people. There is also a Boulder, two Padel courts, a Gym and several multiactivity rooms.
The facility is opened from Monday to Sunday, and in summer we have special activities programmed. There is also a green so that people can sunbathe when good weather.
- Pilot PlaceEtxebarri (Bizkaia), Spain
- Pilot OwnerAyuntamiento de Etxebarri
- Pilot ResponsibleEMTESPORT, S.L.
- Sport Facilities DescriptionAdult Pool (indoor) – size: 25m x 12,5m, depth: 1,65 to 2,10, Capacity: 578 m3
Children Pool (indoor) – size: 12,5m x 6 m, depth: 0,98 to 1,1m, Capacity: 75 m3
Multisport Court (indoor) (Basketball, Football, Rhythm Gymnastic, Handball…)
Stands with more than 1.400 seats
Weight room, indoor Cycling room and 5 Multipurpose room
Paddel courts (2 indoor) and Tennis courts with bleachers (2 courts)
Football court with bleachers
Indoor rock climbing, Yoga room, Sauna, Solarium
Summer garden (3.000 m2) with access to the swimming-pool during the summer.
- Energy ConsumptionWater Heating for pools and showers
Air Heating for large environments
Electric Energy for indoor/outdoor lighting and electric equipment
- Energy Generation2 boilers fuelled with natural gas (645.000 KW total)
Solar Thermal Panels with total area of 300m2 Solar Photovoltaic Panels with total area of 45 m2 (annual production of 5000 KWh), this project is now in process of connection to the electric grid.
- Energy ExchangeThe sport facility is just buying electrical energy from the grid; there is no energy exchange system that works with the grid.
- ObjectivesEtxebarri pilot represents an example of integration with an existent BMS system. The main objective of the SportE2 system is to integrated the monitoring according to the HOW Module approach and the optimization module (WHY) operating over the existent control system provided by the BMS.
- HOW ModuleAs the BMS doesn't provide all the needed measurement points, a set of sensors and meters are installed in the pilot, in order to complete the monitoring system able to provide:
- Whole building consumption (electrical, gas, biomass, water, thermal energy);
- Sub-metering of thermal consumptions of boilers, solar panels, swimming pool and fitness room;
- Sub-metering of electrical consumptions of swimming pool and fitness room;
- Comfort monitoring by functional area: fitness room and swimming pool. In these areas the PMV (Predicted Mean Vote) index is measured in function of the activity performed;
- Occupancy monitoring by functional area: main entrance of the facility using the existing control access system, gym, fitness room and swimming pool;
- The lighting level is monitored in different areas of the facility; the acquired illuminace level is used as visual comfort parameter for all the areas where a sensor is installed and, in some functional areas (multisport court, fitness room, swimming pool, gym and the corridor adjacent the gym), it is used also for actuating a control of the lighting system.
- WHEN ModuleThe WHEN module lays over the local BMS, in the sense that all the field controls will be performed through it. WHEN module integrates both BMS variables and HOW module ones and it delivers optimized control set points and rules (from WHY module) to the local BMS without directly acting on the physical field layer. Only lighting system is not integrated into the local BMS and its control is done directly by the WHEN module. The control scenarios are:
- Illuminance level control: the WHEN module will guaranty a dedicated control strategy to the lighting system of the multisport court, gym and the corridor adjacent the gym;
- Control of the water pre-heating supported by thermal solar system;
- Control of the AHU of the fitness room;
- WHY ModuleThe Why module is referred to the solar panel system and the fitness area with the application of two optimization scenarios:
- The first optimization scenario is based on measured data to train a neural network that will provide the optimal rules, in order to optimize the use of the water pre-heating system based on the solar panels system.
- The second optimization scenario focuses on the minimization of the electrical and thermal consumption of the fan coil and the maximization of the comfort for the fitness room; the scenario is developed with the support of a simulation model for the training of the optimization algorithms. The adopted solution is able to provide optimal control rules taking into account multiple variables as PMV values, occupancy, external and internal thermal conditions.
OTHER SPORTE² PILOTS
FIDIA SportAssociazione Sportiva Fidia - Roma
The Sports Center FIDIA, born in Cesano (Rome) in 1983, offers numerous sporting activities for the health and fitness for competitive sport and for meeting new friends. The Center started in the early 80s from a base structure dedicated to the gym and the ballet and modern dance, but since 1984 has expanded creating a room for weight lifting and two years later saw the completion of the double pool blanket.
SELF EnergyComplexo deportivo Santa Maria de Lamas
The facility is provided of two swimming pools and two gyms. The local generation of energy is provided by two natural-gas boilers, one Co-Generation natural gas Plant and 32m² of Solar Thermal Panels.