COMPLEXO DESPORTIVO SANTA MARIA DE LAMAS
- Pilot PlaceSanta Maria de Lamas, Portugal
- Pilot OwnerCasa do Povo e Colégio Liceal de Santa Maria de Lamas
- Pilot ResponsibleSelfEnergy
- Sport Facilities DescriptionOlympic Pool (indoor) – size: 50m x 25m, depth: 1,20 to 1,80, Capacity: 1650m3
Learning Pool (indoor) – size: 20m x 6 m, depth: 1,1m, Capacity: 132 m3
2 Gyms (indoor) with one provided of electric equipment (electric bicycles, etc…)
- Energy ConsumptionWater Heating for pools and showers
Air Heating for large environments
Electric Energy for indoor/outdoor lighting and electric equipment
- Energy Generation2 boilers fuelled with natural gas (1070KW each)
Co-Generation System fuelled with natural gas (130KW)
Solar Thermal Panels with total area of 32m2 (annual production of 22500 KWh)
- Energy ExchangeAccording to the Portuguese legislation applied to these specific case (Co-Generation Production and Selling) it has been determined that it can be injected to the electric grid a total of 50% of the total annual electric production. The others 50% are for the consumption of the installation in study.
- ObjectivesThe Portuguese pilot is an example of complex building with multiple functional areas with a partial monitoring installed and a set of stand-alone energy subsystems (boilers, CHP, thermal solar) operating individually. The main objective of the SportE2 system is to complete the monitoring solution with the How Module and optimize the operation of the stand-alone sub-systems.
- HOW ModuleThe monitoring points of the Portuguese pilot are positioned in several locations inside the pilot facility:
- Metering of the whole building consumptions (electrical, gas, water, thermal energy);
- Sub-metering of thermal consumptions of boilers, solar panels, swimming pool and CHP;
- Sub-metering of electrical consumptions of the CHP and swimming pool;
- Comfort monitoring by functional area: small gym area, big gym area and swimming pool. In these areas the PMV (Predicted Mean Vote) index will be measured in function of the activity performed;
- Occupancy monitoring by functional area: small gym area, big gym area and swimming pool. The structure of the facility does not allow the direct measurement of the total value of occupancy for the pilot, so the occupancy of the whole facility will be provided as sum of the monitored entrances.
- WHEN ModuleThe control installation plan for St. Maria de Lamas pilot allows the automation and control of the mechanical and electrical systems serving the pool area: control of the temperature and quality of water and air in the swimming pool, according to the chosen scenarios (WHY module), is the main task required to the WHEN module for this pilot.
Boiler scenario: introduction of a time schedule for the better exploitation of boilers.
AHU scenario allows an automatic regulation of the following utilities:
- Control gas boilers;
- Control primary pumping system;
- Control AHU pool;
- Control AHU small gym;
- WHY ModuleThe Why module is referred to the swimming pool area and the boiler operation with the application of two optimization scenarios:
- The first optimization scenario is referred to the swimming pool's air treatment and renovation by optimization of the AHU operation, it is based on a simulation model for algorithms training to provide handling unit's performance optimization to save energy whilst maintaining comfort of occupants. This scenario proposes air treatment in the zone which aims to provide sufficient indoor ventilation to control indoor humidity levels caused by large amount of evaporation. It also optimises the heating set point to ensure the right amount of heated air is supplied during winter, based on real time monitoring of comfort.
- The second optimization scenario focuses on the automation and optimization of the boiler operation and it is based on a simulation model for the training of the optimization algorithms, in order to find the optimal operational rules for the boiler.
OTHER SPORTE² PILOTS
FIDIA SportAssociazione Sportiva Fidia - Roma
The Sports Center FIDIA, born in Cesano (Rome) in 1983, offers numerous sporting activities for the health and fitness for competitive sport and for meeting new friends. The Center started in the early 80s from a base structure dedicated to the gym and the ballet and modern dance, but since 1984 has expanded creating a room for weight lifting and two years later saw the completion of the double pool blanket.
EMTE SportPolideportivo Municipal de Etxebarri
Etxebarry's pilot is situated in the downtown of Etxebarri in the north of spain. This sport facility, is the perfect place to practice any sport activity. We have more than 1000m2 where there are two indoor pools, an outdoor summer pool, outdoor and indoor sports court. The indoor sports court it has place for 1500 people. The maximum capacity of the facility is about 2200 people. There is also a Boulder, two Padel courts, a Gym and several multiactivity rooms.